Double — Wheels for your iPad
Call us between 9 AM and 9 PM (PST/California) at (408) 757-0147 and Jay will be happy to answer your questions.
Double arrives fully functional as soon as you open the box - just insert your iPad. Touch the power switch to activate Double's self-balancing sensors, keeping itself upright. At only 15 pounds (7kg), it's easy to move by hand and won't damage furniture.
Setting up Double on your iPad is as easy as downloading an app. The same app is used for the driver's iPad and the robot's iPad. Once you create an account, your driver's iPad will display all of your Doubles anywhere in the world from one screen.
Connect to Double by tapping its icon, which will initiate an interactive video call. During the call, touch the anywhere to engage the driving controls. Slide your thumb to drive and turn. Additional controls adjust your height remotely, park yourself with the kickstands, and more.
You can drive from an iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or desktop web browser.
High Quality Video
The Double app uses a new high quality video service for iOS-to-iOS calls from OpenTok.
Double is the simplest, most elegant way to be somewhere else in the world without flying there. The minimalist design and intuitive touchscreen controls allow you to freely move around without inconveniencing others. You can stay at eye level, whether sitting or standing, by adjusting your height remotely, which makes conversations fluid and real. Retractable kickstands will automatically deploy to conserve power when you are not moving around. Efficient motors and lightweight design give Double the ability to last all day without recharging the battery.
What is it for?
- Offices with multiple locations use Double to communicate with remote teams. Remote workers feel more connected with their colleagues and have more independence around the office.
- School campuses place a Double in each building, enabling potential students to walk the halls and talk to professors. College recruiters use Double to attract new students to their school by offering tours when travel is not possible.
- Retail stores use Double as a mobile kiosk, giving customers more information about the products. Brands offer personal sales representatives and support from remote specialists in a central location.
- Manufacturing facilities offer Double as a service to clients and partners to improve communication and streamline production.
- Families use Double to stay more in touch with relatives across the country.
- Museums and galleries can offer remote tours on Double, so patrons can experience world-renowned exhibits from anywhere in the world.
- What do you want to use Double for? firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is it better than existing teleconferencing systems?
Modern teleconferencing would be perfect if every important conversation happened in the conference room. Double allows you to move around and join people in any location, so you can participate in the conversations that happen in the lunch room or at the water fountain. Because Double simply improves upon existing teleconferencing, you can use it in all the same places as those old systems too.
- Venture Beat: "...it’s sleek and beautiful and intelligent. In a word, sexy."
- TechCrunch: "...incredibly creative iPad stand that works as a robotic body double..."
- Core77: "How cool would it be to roam Uffizi..."
- 100SHIKI: iPadがあなたのロボットの顔になる『Double Robotics』
- Xataka: Double le pone ruedas a las videoconferencias, y un iPad como cara
- Many more...
Q. How long does the battery last?
A. The internal rechargeable Lithium Ion battery provides up to 8 hours of normal use.
Q. How do I charge the battery and how quickly does it charge?
A. Double recharges to full capacity in about 2 hours with the provided AC to DC wall adapter.
Q. How much does Double weigh?
A. Approximately 15 lbs (7kg), including the weight of the iPad.
Q. How tall or short can I make Double?
A. You can remotely command Double to hold the iPad anywhere between 47" and 60" tall (approximately 120cm to 150cm).
Q. Does Double come with an iPad?
A. No. The user needs to provide his or her own iPad for Double.
Q. Which iPads are supported?
A. Second and third generation iPads are supported. First generation iPads are not supported due to their lack of camera.
Q. Will I be receiving what I see in the video?
A. Changes in production processes may affect the look and feel of the robot before release, but we are striving to make the best product possible.
Q. Why should I "Pre-order" instead of waiting?
A. Pre-ordering saves you $500 USD and lets you claim your Double now, ensuring you receive a robot faster than everyone else. You don't need to pay anything in order to reserve your spot in line. Before your Double is ready to ship, we will contact you to complete your order.
Q. If I order today, when will I receive my Double?
A. The first production run of Double robots is expected to ship to customers in December 2012. As we continue to accept more orders, the delivery date at the top of this page may be updated to reflect the most current shipping information.
Ask us anything: email@example.com