Build Beautiful Robots
At Double Robotics in Sunnyvale, California, we stay motivated by surrounding ourselves with the smartest people we know. We are hiring people with exceptional talent in the fields of robotics and mobile app development.
Come build products that change the future of remote human interaction. We are leading the new wave of professional robotics and we need your help to take it to the next level.
Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- Mechanical assembly
- Basic soldering; through-hole soldering.
- First article inspection: inspect and test components received from vendors.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Consistency, reliability, and patience for repetitive tasks
- Proficient use of basic hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods while performing work.
- Free lunch, snacks, and beverages at the office
- Medical coverage, 50% employer paid
- Allowed to wear headphones with music during most tasks
Double Robotics is looking for an Electrical Engineer with experience in circuit design, motor control, PCB layout, and lithium ion battery systems.
- Experience with design and purchase of rigid and flexible PCBs for electro-mechanical systems
- Experience with microcontrollers (Microchip PIC preferred)
- Experience with Altium Designer is preferred
- Board-level troubleshooting, SMD soldering and rework skills, improving yield
- Ability to select components for low cost functionality
- Must have good understanding of basic serial protocols (UART, I2C, SPI, etc)
- Experience with smart batteries, battery fuel gauges, charging circuitry and pack assembly a plus
- Experience designing board-level test fixtures a plus
- Your input will have a significant and lasting impact on the company and products
- You will have the opportunity to grow into a leadership role.
- Experience with shipping consumer products is required
- 3 years experience is preferred
- Formal degrees are optional. Please show past professional and/or side projects.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical coverage
- Use the machine shop and tools for personal projects
- Free lunch
- Free snacks and beverages
- Flexible work hours
- Work from home some days, if desired (call in on a Double!)
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org