Double 3 API Beta
Double 3 is a completely custom-built hardware solution, designed with developers in mind, and based upon the latest industry-standard cameras, sensors, and GPU technology. A tiered and modular software architecture allows third party developers to utilize the high-level autonomous features while still having access to the low-level sensor data if needed. We are launching our private beta of the API soon (late 2019), so please sign up if you are interested in learning more.
Sign Up for the Double 3 API Beta
Double 3 contains a 64-bit ARM processor running Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS.
- NVIDIA® Jetson™ TX2-4GB System-on-Module
- 2 x Intel® RealSense™ D430 Stereo Vision Depth Modules
- 2 x 13 Megapixel 1/2.3" Camera Sensors (One wide, one zoom)
- 5 x Ultrasonic range finders
- Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC (2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-fi
- Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy
- Real-time Microcontroller and IMU for Self-Balancing
- 2 x Coreless DC drive motors with 2048 PPR encoders
- Adjustable Motorized Height Control and Deployable Kickstands
- 72 Watt-Hour Smart Lithium Ion Battery
- 9.7-inch LED-backlit multi-touch LCD screen
External Ports & Mounting
In addition to the software API, Double 3 has the following external ports and mounting features:
- Two USB 3.2 SuperSpeed Ports
- One HDMI Video Output Port
- Two top-edge #8-32 threaded mounting holes
- One rear #8-32 threaded mounting hole
Future ROS Integration
Although Double 3 does not use ROS or other similar development libraries, the API architecture does allow for ROS to be implemented, and we may offer ROS connectors in the future.